Kaeng Khiao Wan (Green Chicken Curry)
Ranking second among the ten Thai dishes ordered most frequently by foreigners, a green chicken curry gained an 85% popularity from foreigners. Thai people like to have it with rice or khanom chin, a kind of Thai noodles.
Ingredients of Green Curry Paste
- 10 fresh green chillies
- 2 tablespoons of chopped lemon grass
- 1 teaspoon of chopped coriander root
- 1 tablespoon of chopped shallots
- 1 tablespoon of chopped garlic
- 1 teaspoon of chopped galanga root
- 1 teaspoon of ground coriander seeds
- 1 teaspoon of ground cumin seeds
- 7 white peppercorns
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1 teaspoon of shrimp paste
How to make Green Curry Paste
- Roast all the ingredients except the shrimp paste with low heat.
- Pound the ingredients into paste, add the shrimp paste and blend them together.
Ingredients of Chicken Curry
- 1 cup of sliced chicken breasts
- 2 cups of coconut cream
- 2 tablespoons of green curry paste
- 1 cup of sliced egg-plants
- 2 green chillies, seeded and sliced lengthwise
- 2 tablespoons of fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil
How to cook
- Warm the oil in a saucepan with medium heat.
- Stir-fry the green curry paste for one minute.
- Fry the chicken in the mixture until it is done.
- Add the coconut cream and boil it.
- Add the egg-plants and green chillies.
- Flavour it with fish sauce.
- Stew it for 10-15 minutes.