Thai name พระราชวังบางปะอิน
This summer palace was first built in the reign of King Prasat Thong (1629-1656) in the Ayutthaya period. It was frequented by the king and his successors until the fall of Ayutthaya in 1767.
Later on, the palace was restored by King Rama IV (1851-1868). But it was not until the reign of King Rama V (1868-1910), that Bang Pa-in Palace was fully developed and took its present shape. During his reign, several magnificent buildings in the Western style were constructed, such as Utthayan Phumisathian and Warophat Phiman Mansions. Also, the two-storeyed Chinese-style palace, Wehat Chamrun, was built and presented to the King in 1889 by Chinese merchants as a token of the long-lasting brotherly relationship between the Thai and Chinese peoples.
Plenty of lush trees, beautifully arranged gardens and cool breeze made the surroundings ideal for a stroll. But for those who do not want to walk, carts for rent are available.
Open : Daily, 08.00-15.30 hrs.
Location : Bang Pa-in County, Ayutthaya Province (76 km north of Bangkok)
For taxi : พระราชวังบางปะอิน อยุธยา