Most spas have saunas, steam rooms, bathtubs, and Jacuzzis. Spa therapies are focused on the healing process through the 5 physical senses of humans-sight, smell, taste, touch, and hearing.
- Sight – by decorating places and surroundings to create an atmosphere that affects humans’ emotions.
- Smell – by using essential oils and herbal treatments.
- Taste – by consuming foods or beverages for the purpose of detoxification.
- Touch – by massaging to relax the body.
- Hearing – by using music to create a relaxed atmosphere.
The health resorts and spas have risen to a new travel trend in Thailand. Many foreigners who have come and experienced Thai spas were impressed by our treatments and excellent services at affordable prices. A unique Thai healing practice is efficiently combined with the western-style spa to create the most effective therapy, which brings a reputation to the country.Thai spas offer a wide variety of treatments ranging from head to toes. The following are some examples of our popular services which give high satisfaction to customers: traditional Thai massage, body massage, aroma therapy massage, hot stone massage, facial scrub, body scrub, body wrap, body mask, hydro therapy & aroma bath, etc.
Reflecting ISPA membership categories*
The destination spaThe spa services, educational programming, and exclusive cuisine are provided with a package of hotel or resort accommodation aiming to enhance health and lifestyle of clients.
The hotel/resort spaA spa is located in and owned by a hotel or resort to provide professional and convenient treatment services to its customers.
The medical spa
The medical spa is a combination of professional medical treatments and spa services to provide comprehensive health care.
The day spa
The day spa is a spa that provides professional treatments and spa services to clients on a daily-basis.
The mineral spring spa
A spa that offers a hot or mineral spring to attract tourists.
The club spa
A small spa which located in a fitness centre or health club for the customer’s relaxation.
The cruise ship spa
A spa service on a cruise ship.
*International Spa Association
(Provided by Spa enthusiast magazine)
- Avoid being there in peak hours
- Ask for treatments’ description
- Get advice regarding the treatment schedule
- Share your personal health history
- Mention any prescription drugs
- Anticipate how the treatment will fit into your other plans
- Allow enough time for your visit