Photos : www.fortunetown.co.th, www.siamniramit.com, esplanadethailand.com, en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thailand_Cultural_Centre
The name Ratchadaphisek mentioned here refers to the short distance between the Lat Phrao Intersection and the Rama IX Road Intersection, which is a busy commercial district containing several big department stores, office buildings, hotels and a large number of restaurants and nightlife establishments. A little way off the road is Thailand Cultural Centre, where shows and exhibitions are held from time to time. A subway station is also available here.
Located to the north of downtown, Ratchadaphisek is a part of large ring road that joins many old routes together. But only the newly constructed sections are called Ratchadaphisek Road. The lively part, running parallel to the east of Vibhavadi-Rangsit Road, starts from the Rama IX Intersection and head up north to the Ratchada-Lat Phrao Intersection. Ratchadaphisek is one of Bangkok’s busy districts housing numbers of high-rises and hotels, and it is also known as one of the famous entertainment zones with numbers of nightclubs, youth club discos and large soapy massage parlours. The traffic is horrendous during rush hours.
MRT : Lat Phrao, Sutthisan, Huai Khwang, Thailand Cultural Centre, Rama IX, Phetchaburi Stations
For taxi : ถนนรัชดาภิเษกแยกพระราม 9
The centre is a venue for both Thai and international performing arts and cultural shows. It also features auditorium halls, cultural library and Thai Life Permanent Exhibition., etc.
For taxi : ศูนย์วัฒนธรรม ถ.เทียมร่วมมิตร
- Fortune Town The four-floor IT department store selling all kinds of latest digital products, games and DVD’s.
For taxi : ฟอร์จูนทาวน์ ถ.รัชดา
- The Esplanade Being the newest shopping complex in the area, the Esplanade has well-known international brands, various kinds of restaurants, modern cinemas and Ratchadalai Musical Theatre. The building looks more like a modern art venue than a shopping centre.
For taxi : ดิเอสพลานาด รัชดา
- Jusco A Japanese chain of general merchandise stores.
For taxi : จัสโก้ รัชดา
- Robinson Robinson Ratchadaphisek branch offers quality consumer products in a pleasant atmosphere.
For taxi : โรบินสัน รัชดา
Food is easy to find here like other parts of the city ranging from daytime food stalls to famous seafood restaurants. Food courts in many department stores also offer delicious dishes.
- Ratchada Soi 4 Located on Ratchadaphisek Road, Ratchada Soi 4 is another night entertainment zone in Bangkok. It is popular among local teens. Due to its young market, the music here is loud and more suitable for dancing than chit-chatting. But the drinks are rather cheap when comparing with Sukhumvit’s expat bars.
For taxi : รัชดาซอย 4
- Massage Parlours You can’t miss the colourful neon signs of many massage parlours on the road. The businesses are usually huge in size and offer full services.
For taxi : อาบ อบ นวด บน ถ.รัชดา