Thai romanization system ?
Food : Kaeng
One of the great pleasure of being in Thailand is that
there is a great abundance of eating places and the cost
of eating is rather cheap when compared to those in Western
countries. As Thailand is a major agricultural country,
grains, vegetables, meat and all kinds of foodstuff are
produced here at very reasonable prices. Besides, aquatic
and marine animals are easily acquired from the sea and
many rivers. These factors together with the gift of cooking
of Thai people make Thailand a paradise for every food
Wherever you are in Thailand, you'll surely find a good
number and variety of eating places -- perhaps much more
than you've ever expected. And that's why many Western
visitors said that one of their pleasures while being
in Thailand is EATING! When asked why? They simply said
-- Because it is delicious and cheap!
The Top Ten Thai Dishes Loved by Foreigners
Do you want to try something exotic and spicy? Thai food
is recommended to you. Eating Thai food, you will not
only enjoy its delicious tastes, but you will also get
benefit from the medicinal herbs used as ingredients in
each dish. To acquaint you with herbal Thai dishes, let Thaiways present to you the recipes for top ten
Thai dishes best loved by foreigners with the medicinal
properties of herbs used in each dish.
Khiao Wan (Green Chicken Curry)
Kaeng Khiao Wan
second among the ten Thai dishes ordered most frequently
by foreigners, a green chicken curry gained an 85%
popularity from foreigners. Thai people like to
have it with rice or khanom chin, a kind
of Thai noodles.
Ingredients of Green Curry Paste
• 10 fresh green chillies
• 2 tablespoons of chopped lemon
• 1 teaspoon of chopped coriander
• 1 tablespoon of chopped shallots
• 1 tablespoon of chopped garlic
• 1 teaspoon of chopped galanga
• 1 teaspoon of ground coriander
• 1 teaspoon of ground cumin seeds
• 7 white peppercorns
• 1 teaspoon of salt
• 1 teaspoon of shrimp paste
How to make Green Curry Paste
1. Roast all the ingredients except the shrimp paste with
2. Pound the ingredients into paste, add the shrimp paste
and blend them together.
Ingredients of Chicken Curry
• 1 cup of sliced chicken
• 2 cups of coconut cream
• 2 tablespoons of green curry
• 1 cup of sliced egg-plants
• 2 green chillies, seeded and
• 2 tablespoons of fish sauce
• 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil
How to cook
1. Warm the oil in a saucepan with medium heat.
2. Stir-fry the green curry paste for one minute.
3. Fry the chicken in the mixture until it is done.
4. Add the coconut cream and boil it.
5. Add the egg-plants and green chillies.
6. Flavour it with fish sauce.
7. Stew it for 10-15 minutes.
||More about Thailand
Links to Thaiways Maps