Thai romanization system ?
Desserts : Thong Yip & How to Cook
Yip (sweet egg yolk cup)
Yip is popularly made on propitious occasions
since its name begins with the word 'thong'
which means gold and the Thais believe that gold,
which symbolizes fame and wealth, will bring good
luck to them.
• Yolks from 5 duck's eggs and 5 hen's
• 3 cups of sugar
• 3 cups of water scented with
How to cook
1. To make syrup, stew sugar in water scented with jasmine
in a pan until all the sugar dissolves and bubbles appear
all over the water surface.
2. Whip the yolk until stiff.
3. Remove the syrup from heat and wait until it becomes
4. Spoon up the yolk and drop it into the syrup. Repeat
this until the yolk is finished. Each spoonful of yolk
will become circular in shape in the syrup that is not
5. Put the syrup pan on a moderate heat. Pour some jasmine-scented
water into the pan from time to time to prevent the
syrup from thickening. Turn over the golden circular
pieces in the pan before spooning them into a container
with some syrup.
6. Make each piece into the shape of a five-point star
and place it in a china cup to allow it to firm up.
7. Take it out of the cup and it is ready for serving.
Desserts and Thai Cultures
Thong Yip (sweet egg yolk cup) & How to Cook
Thong (sweet shredded egg yolk) & How to Cook
Loi (glutinous-rice flour balls in coconut cream) & How to Cook
Chup (fruit-shape desserts) & How to Cook
||More about Thailand
Links to Thaiways Maps