• Yolks from 10 duck's eggs and
5 hen's eggs • 3 cups of sugar • 2 cups of water scented
with jasmine • 1 piece of thin white
cloth for filtering
1. Put all the yolk on a piece of thin white cloth,
fold it up, and squeeze the cloth to filter the yolk
2. To make syrup, boil sugar in water scented with jasmine
in a pot. When all the sugar dissolves, take the water
to be filtered before continuing stewing it until bubbles
appear all over the surface.
3. Pour the yolk through a narrow funnel which is placed
over the pot of syrup so that the yolk will become golden
threads in the syrup.
4. Use a long pointed piece of wood to stir the golden
threads in the syrup until they become smooth. Then
remove them from heat and wrap them around themselves
so that they form the shape of a rectangle.